Tuesday, May 8, 2012

reflection cover letter


Reflection


        In my portfolio I picked the following pieces. “Analyzing a trend”, “This I believe”, “Application” essay, and “Profile” essays. I have picked these pieces of writing because I feel like these pieces are some of my best writing. In all of the pieces there is a significant change from the first draft into the second draft, which I wrote. I feel like the second drafts are good. With all the positive criticism that I got with all these pieces of writing, I made lots of changes to the second drafts and I feel like that the final drafts are the best that I have written.

        “Analyzing a trend” is a piece of writing that I had to include in the portfolio. If it wasn’t a requirement I think I would have still added it to the portfolio. It was an assignment that I found to be challenging, and it was something that I hadn’t done before. I think that my second draft is a good start to what can become something great. Although something’s might be unclear and the essay might be a little everywhere, I feel like I had made lots of changes to the essay to make it the best I could. I used to critique given to me and added as much of it as I could into the essay. I think that my trend was clear.

        In the assignment that we had to write the “profile essay” I feel like that I also did a good job with it. In the beginning I was a little unsure of who to write about, but I think that my second draft was a much better example of the writing. I am including this piece of writing in my portfolio because it was something that I enjoyed writing about and it was someone that is sentimental to me. I picked “someone you look up to” as the topic and my father to me is someone I look up to everyday of my life. Although it really wasn’t that interested to others I feel very strong about this and I bet people have parents that they look up to too.

        “Application essay” is another piece that I have included in my profile. The reason I picked it was because I feel that this is a very important paper.Me getting into a nursing program is very important for me. It is something I always wanted to do even when I was a little kid. So doing this paper was something I really liked doing because I way use this to applied to a nursing program. I understand that in my second draft I had a lot of miss spelling and other little minor errors. But I fixed all of that and I feel very confident about this piece.

        The last piece that I will include in my essay is “This I Believe” essay. This piece of writing is one that I really thought I had done a good job with. I think that family is the most important thing in life, and that is truly what I believe in. Even though my experience with the car and the flat tire. My brother didn’t hold our fight against me , family being the most important thing in life, I still feel like that the fact that my brother was there by my side, he was supportive even though it was my fault meant a lot to me. I used the comments that I received back from that essay and I made it better. Over all I feel like this was a good essay because it was something that I was interested in writing and I had a belief that I feel strongly for.

        The essays that I chose to put in the portfolio I believe are my best writings of the semesters. Also some of these were new to me; I never have writing some of these so it was interesting writing some of these essays. I feel like I did my best with the comments that I received on them to make the essays more appropriate to the assignment, and my final products are the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment