Wednesday, February 22, 2012

application essay 1st draft


Question: Write about anything.
Nurse
            Ever since I can remember, I always wanted to become a nurse. It has always been a dream of mine and still is.  Even though being a nurse is a lot of reasonability, I think I would make a great nurse. I love working with people and helping all those in need. I think that I for fill all qualifications of being a nurse. To be a nurse I think you should be caring, patient, loving, and understanding to patient needs. These are some reasons why I think I would be a great nurse.
            There are a lot of ways of being caring. I think being caring is important because when you show that you care it makes people look at you different. There is one incident in which I thought I was being caring. One day I was at work taking care of my residents, and one resident was down and crying. I sat down and talked to her for a half hour, me sitting there and listening to her made her feel a lot better and it made me happy to no , that me just being there and listening made her feel grateful and happy. Another way I’m caring is when my little sister was playing outside and fell off her bike, I ran over to her, and showed her little TLC. That is tender, love, and care.
            Being patient is also important to me. You should be patient because there are always patients in the hospital that are rude and disrespectful, but what some people don’t know is that there is a reason there acting that way, it  could be because there in pain or just lonely, sometimes it because there scared to say whats wrong with them or they think we just don’t care or no one will listen to them,or we won’t understand. It can even be a little kid who asks question or a kid who is always crying. That’s when you should have patient.
             I’m very patient I think because when I work at a day care I would have infants that would cry all the time. I didn’t let that get to me, because I look at kids as that’s the only way they know how to tell us when something wrong. Some infants are sick, and cranky, and some are just like that all the time. You just have to know that there trying to let us no something, and we have to do the best we can to comfort them.  Another incident I had was when I was working with my residences and I had one lady who just kept on putting on the call light for every little thing. But I didn’t let her get to me. I just asked her what she needed, and helped her out.
            Being a quick reactor is always very important. You should be able to react to something when it happens. If you are the type of person who can’t react right away then I don’t think you should be a nurse. If you had a patient come into the hospital that was in critical condition you must react fast, because that patient’s life can depend on how fast you move.
            I’m a very quick reactor. One day I was at my dad’s house with my older brother. I saw that my dad wasn’t looking very well, but when I asked him he said he was fine. All of a sudden he fell face first on the floor. My brother started screaming and freaking out, but me. I turned my dad over and checked if he was breathing. After that I tried waking him, I put a cold towel on his forehead. He started to wake up, and the ambulance came. When he went to the hospital they said he was having a beginning of a heart attack.
        Being a nurse to me is very important. I will make a great nurse because I’m caring, patient, a quick reactor, and loving. I think the main reason I want to be a nurse is because I love helping people and I love feeling appreciated. Also when my grandfather was really sick I was in the hospital for about a week. And I saw the nurses and how wonderful they treated my grandfather just made me want to be just like them. I know that’s it’s going to a challenge but if I put my mind to it I will be perfectly fine.

Post write

I think my essay is very good I gave example of how I was caring, patient and a loving.

1 comment:

  1. In your own words, fully and with precision, describe what the assignment is asking the writer (your partner) to do?  Please use your own words rather than merely quote from the assignment.
    Write an essay for the college of your choice she needed to write on any topic of her choice. she chose to write on why she wanted to be a nurse and did a great job!


    To what extent has your partner met the expectations of the assignment?  Please pick a passage as illustration and describe what works well there. Again, try to use your own words. 
    She's done a great job meeting the expectations! " Being a quick reactor is always very important. You should be able to react to something when it happens. If you are the type of person who can’t react right away then I don’t think you should be a nurse. If you had a patient come into the hospital that was in critical condition you must react fast, because that patient’s life can depend on how fast you move."
    I really like this paragraph because she has a good understanding of how a nurse needs to work and she explains in further paragraphs she has what it takes!

    What area needs more work?  Why?  Please pick a passage as illustration and describe what isn’t working.
    "I’m a very quick reactor. One day I was at my dad’s house with my older brother. I saw that my dad wasn’t looking very well, but when I asked him he said he was fine. All of a sudden he fell face first on the floor. My brother started screaming and freaking out, but me. I turned my dad over and checked if he was breathing. After that I tried waking him, I put a cold towel on his forehead. He started to wake up, and the ambulance came. When he went to the hospital they said he was having a beginning of a heart attack."
    This is a great paragraph but it could be much more descriptive and she needs some help with grammar and spelling. I think if she reworded this paragraph it would be very entertaining to read!

    Please indicate TWO questions about the draft and at least ONE suggestion for ways to improve it. 
     
    Can reread your paragraphs if you rephrase some of the paragraphs i think it will have great potential?

    Why do you think attending the school of your choice will help you reach your goal of becoming a nurse?

    ReplyDelete