Sunday, February 26, 2012

application essay 2nd draft and post write


Question: Write about anything.
school: umass lowell

Nurse

            Ever since I can remember, I have always wanted to be a nurse. It has always been a dream of mine.  Even though being a nurse is a lot of reasonability, I think I would make a great nurse. I love and enjoy working with people and helping all those in need and I know that I can resume all responsibilities of being a nurse because I am a fun , loving , patient , understanding , caring , person , and most important a good listener.

            There are a lot of ways of being caring. I think being caring is important. For Example: When you show someone that you care it makes people look at you different and the person may open up to you more and feel more comfortable with you. I had a resident at work once who was having a difficult time breathing, I knew she was having a panic attic, so I sat on the side of her bed and talked to her and explained to her that everything was going to be okay and that she had to relax, I also explained that it was easier said than done but that I was there and that she was she would be fine and after 20 min. she was she was and she was grateful that I cared and she thanked me.           

             I’m very patient I think because when I work at a day care I would have infants that would cry all the time. I didn’t let that get to me, because I look at kids as that’s the only way they know how to tell us when something wrong. Some infants are sick, and cranky, and some are just like that all the time. You just have to know that there trying to let us no something and we have to do the best we can to comfort them. For example: When I was working with my residences and I had one lady who just kept on putting on the call light for every little thing. But I didn’t let her get to me. I just asked her what she needed, and helped her out.

            Being a quick reactor is always very important. You should be able to react to something when it happens. If you are the type of person who can’t react right away then I don’t think you should be a nurse. If you had a patient come into the hospital that was in critical condition you must react fast, because that patient’s life can depend on how fast you move.

            I’m a very quick reactor. One day I was at my father’s  house with my older brother, I saw that my father wasn’t looking  well , but when I asked him he said he was fine. All of a sudden he fell face first on the floor. My brother started screaming; I turned my dad over and checked if he was breathing. After that I tried waking him, I put a cold towel on his forehead. He started to wake up, and the ambulance came. When he went to the hospital they said he was having the beginning of a heart attack.

            Being a nurse to me is very important. I will make a great nurse because I’m caring, patient, a quick reactor, and loving. I think the main reason I want to be a nurse is because I love helping people and I love feeling appreciated. Also when my grandfather was really sick I was in the hospital for about a week. And I saw the nurses and how wonderful they treated my grandfather just made me want to be just like them. I know that it’s going to a challenge but if I put my mind to it I will be perfectly fine.

Post write

I think my essay is very good. i explaned why i should be a nurse and gave examples.


2 comments:

  1. Hi Krystal:

    I must say: you make a good case for your entry into a nursing program (I assume that your question reads, "Why do you want to become a nurse?").

    The best parts of this essay are those when you tell stories and really descriptive about relevant experience, especially from your work.

    Now, remember that you need to let your reader into what kind of work you do: regard your reader's need to know things, okay?

    This is promising.

    Can you develop your post write, offering evidence and an indication of what needs work?

    Please indicate the question that you are attempting to answer (you are to come up with your own question, remember?). There are always questions.

    insert commas: and most important a good listener

    Do you really want to begin a paragraph this way? There are

    hear the repetition (rhyme)? being caring.

    why the second capital? For Example:

    why the shift to "you"? When you show

    spelling: attic

    Think of your reader: have you provided information about your work? I had a resident at work once

    comma splice: and that she had to relax, I also explained t

    minutes: 20 min.

    why the shift to "you"? You just have to know
    they are: there trying

    again, whom are you writing, exactly? You should be able

    ReplyDelete
  2. i now i have a couple of gramma corections to do. i didnt make up my question i went to umass lowell and one of the topics was that i could write about anything i wanted so thats what i did. yes you are right i should include what my job is. im a cna. and i am writing to the person who is going to read my application letter.

    ReplyDelete